Overall, a nice cruise

Eurodam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 11, 2012
Ship: Eurodam
It seemed much smaller than the ships I'm familiar with; too crowded on the Lido deck with the little 'rooms' available for rental. Not sure if it was only this week with a bit rough weather but the ship was not too steady - not a smooth ride. We joked that you looked drunk walking the halls without a drink in you.Some nights I couldn't sleep with the movement of the sdhip and I'm a heavy sleeper.
Ships seem not to have aerobic (free) classes anymore.

Went to make dining rservations as soon as we got on and everything from 5:50 ( too early) to 7:30 ( a bit late) was already taken. I looked for more options in dinner, soups, veggies, desserts. The staff was very generous on lobster tail night, brought us two immediately. One evening I asked for asparagus -not on the menu- and they were willing but it took too long. Was told they had to go somewhere, defrost it, etc... Felt over $15 to cork a bottle at dinner was a bit much!

The main shows were fantastic; great performances. Also had an excellent comedian and a wonderful magician who held an afternoon aftershow but only to sell his stuff. Their other shows at The Queen's Lounge" Kareoke, newlywed game, etc. were VERY entertaining. Enjoyed daily Trivia and it was nice to have Mass on Sunday ( they actually had it daily!)

The dining room staff was very congenial and attentive; ditto on the room stewards

I couldn' believe that this ship was new in 2008. We were sure it had been renovated at that time because it had the feeling of an older ship but they insist, it was new in 2008.

had a really nice stateroom although vanity could have used a few shelves for stuff - had only two tiny glass shelves and no drawers. Closet space was ample but again, no drawers except for the night tables. I wish they would give us empty refrigerators...

Pros: The service in the dining room was lovely

Cons: desserts?? Cheese cake, the real kind not the sugar free, was never offerred; the Creme Brulee was very bad - didn't eat it.

Recommends Eurodam? No.