Eurodam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Holland America Cruise Eurodam

Sail Date: February 19, 2011

The boarding proces was easy and quick. The crew were friendly and helpful from the moment you boarded the ship. The ship is clean and well appointed, probably the nicest ship I have been on. We were assigned a handicap room on the ith deck. By not picking our room we were upgraded to a higher level. At first we didn't know if we would like the room but it was larger than the standard veranda room and had a larger balcony. The food on board was plentiful and great beging with the buffet as you board. The on board ship activities seemed plentiful although that is not our cup of tea. I walked the Promenade deck, 3 times around is a mile and a great view. The time in ports is very limited so plan carefully if you want to see anything. I would say only one thing per port. The trip from St. Thomas to St. Johns was well worth it and if I had it to do over again I would sign up for a shore excursion to St. Johns or spend the entire day there. Not crowded and beautiful. Over all I would say if you like to cruise this is a good bet.

Pros: Crew was the best.

Cons: Not enough time in Ports

Recommends Eurodam? Yes!

Absolutely beatiful.
We chose the anytime dining which I think was a good choice.
Can't say enough about the crew on this ship. I wish everyone had their work ethic and attitude including myself.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Go to St., Johns if you can get the girls past the shopping.
Don't Miss: St Johns.
Grand Turk Island
You have to stop here because the ship does. The reason is because the cruise lines themselves built a shopping area at the port for you to spend money at. The beach there is beautiful so make this a beach day because there isn't much else to see.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Great facilities and staff. Barbecue the usual but quite good.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Getting off the ship at 1 PM doesn't leave much daylight this time of year so book an excursion if you want to see anything. We took the walking tour of Old San Juan which was ok but Old San Juan itself was beautiful. I wish we could have spent a couple of days in Puerto Rico.