My First Cruise & Definitely Not My Last!!

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Enchantment of the Seas

4 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail Date: August 28, 2017

Ship: Enchantment of the Seas

Review Summary

This was my first cruise, but it won't be my last. I hope to cruise on another Royal Caribbean ship soon! If the staff on other cruise lines are as good as they were on Royal Caribbean, I'll be impressed! Service was 5 stars all around! This crew knew how to do it, and they were all smiles and relaxed. They made you feel that island spirit the moment you boarded. The Enchantment Of The Seas is an impressive ship! The Centrum (atrium lobby) was quite impressive. I just couldn't get over how smoothly we floated across the ocean. I didn't get sea sick AT ALL, but we did have nothing but smooth days. I loved how the ship was laid out!

Embarkation

I was told to show up early so I did, and the process was so simple. I pre-printed my sea pass and baggage tags on Royal Caribbean's Website, as instructed by the email. There really weren't any lines, and the check-in staff were amazing! I already felt welcomed!

Ship Experiences

This was by far the highlight of the cruise, and I'm told that's the norm with most cruise lines. Royal Caribbean, and the Enchantment Of The Seas definitely did NOT disappoint! Your cruise price includes complimentary foods at Windjammer Buffet (Don't forget the ice cream machine just outside! Ask staff if you can't find it) and My Fair Lady Dining Room as well as the little Starbucks Coffee stand. (Starbucks is extra unless you purchase the appropriate beverage package. They also have Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream which is of course extra), or you can order premium entrees, or dine in the Chops Grille or order Room Service. It's important to know that $13.15 or so is added on per day for auto gratuities, but they will leave an envelope if you want to leave anything extra for your cabin steward. I tipped my 2 waiters at My Fair Lady Dining Room because they were just amazing! Bring on at least two nice pairs of pants for Dinner each night (pants are required in My Fair Lady, no shorts!) It's worth it to do the sit down Dinner each night. The culinary staff onboard truly provide unique dishes that you'd only see on Food Network or at a really nice hotel. The waiters really try hard to remember your name, and what you like to eat and drink and will make recommendations. They really made the trip so special.

I ended up going alone on this cruise, and there were SO many activities and people to meet, I did not feel alone at all! They have shopping, contests, other activities, the indoor and outdoor pool and hot tub, table tennis, shuffleboard, a track on deck 10. Also, they have a beautiful spa, that you should treat yourself to if you're alone or with a friend! There are numerous lounges and they have karaoke nights, disco nights, and all kinds of get togethers in the Viking Lounge after dark if you like to party! The staff are all so energetic and always smiling. I don't know how they do it! Our cruise director really had an amazing personality and was equally funny and charming! Her name was Michelle, I believe, from Brazil. You could tell she had the respect of the crew, and she spoke highly of them, and was just so warm an professional. She has her own channel on the TV in your stateroom and gives you a run down of what to do each day. Please listen to all her recommendations! She will not steer you wrong!

If there were a 5+ I would do it. GO SEE THE BROADWAY SHOWS in the Orpheum Theater. The performers, singers, and dancers are all professionally trained and highly talented. I would have thought I had paid good money and gone to see an actual Broadway Show. This is included in your ticket price as well, and frankly you should take advantage of it!

I am an adult without kids, however I did see the kids activities, and they all seemed to be having a blast!

This was by far the HIGHLIGHT! Royal Caribbean's staff are what set them apart from other cruise lines, is what I was always told. This proved to be true. I own a business and worked many years in the service industry. These folks live on the ship and it is their home away from home. They make you feel at home, and so welcomed! Everyone that passes you says, "Hi" and smiles! My two waiters, Calaxito (sp?) and Danylo, were so nice and professional! I sat with two couples. One, newlyweds, and the other were also on their first cruise but not yet married. Our two gentlemen taking care of us, remembered our names, and what we liked and didn't like each day. They anticipated our every need, and really tried to wow us, and boy did they! I can safely speak for my entire Dinner table when I say we were all impressed and didn't want to leave them that last night!

Many of the reviews said, "the ship is old and dirty". While it is not a new ship, I believe it is up for a huge renovation in a few weeks, actually. But these reviews were unfair I feel. Yes, it wasn't new, but it was grand, magnificent, and CLEAN! They really worked tirelessly to make this ship look spectacular! I can't wait to sail on it again after they have upgraded it. The layout was just fantastic, and there was no shortage of things to do. My stateroom was cozy with a little window, and a very clean bathroom. The public restrooms were always looked after. The pools were clean, and everything was very sanitary. They also encouraged everyone to continuously use hand sanitizer as we were traveling internationally. Please ignore the negative reviews in this respect. This ship is perfectly acceptable, and worth every penny to be on! You will be amazed at it's size, and how much there is to do onboard. The staff really care for it, and it sure was a beauty!

Again, my stateroom was very cozy, tastefully decorated, and had a very clean restroom in it. I loved that, because it's of course a small shower, being on a ship, that it came with a detachable shower head. It made for easy showering each day. My bed was comfortable, and there were many light settings to make you feel right at home. My cabin attendant also took good care of me. NOTE! There are no irons on the ship. They will do it for you, for a charge, so plan ahead in your budget for this, or bring an iron from home. They have dry cleaning and laundry onboard as well, and the prices were ok.

Don't feel like you have to be the first ones off the ship at each port (unless you have an excursion that calls for it). Take your time, they process people very quickly and efficiently. Make sure you bring at least two pairs or pants. One for formal night, if you choose to participate, and one extra (or more) for Dinner each night so you can enjoy My Fair Lady Dining Room. They do make an exception in the Dining Room on day 1, however if you're wearing shorts then. I wish I knew this in advance, so I could have brought more pants. Also, sundries are expensive onboard, so make sure you bring enough hair spray, deodorant, etc. in your luggage. Bring two trial size of each to make sure. Shopping doesn't begin until later in the day (maybe because of duty free laws or crew availability in the shops, I wasn't quite sure why).

Ports Of Call

Miami, Florida

Very clean and efficient port for boarding and disembarking. Customs was quick and efficient. Staff were all wonderful. PLENTY of taxis to airport, and also uber and Lyft can take you to and from. If you want to take advantage of Royal Caribbean's transport to FLL or MIA airports, make sure you book IN ADVANCE! I was too late the night before we arrived. A taxi to MIA is a flat rate, fortunately.

Key West, Florida

Definitely the best port on this cruise IMO, and I was really sad to hear they took it away on the 4 night cruises. I hope they bring it back. I went parasailing with Fury Adventures, and they were fantastic! I highly recommend it!

Honestly, Nassau left a lot to be desired. There was a good shopping area right by the ship, but the town itself was a bit dumpy. Things were also a bit pricey. I did the Atlantis Aquaventure, and it was a RIP OFF! DO NOT DO THIS EXCURSION! They want $150 per person to spend a day in their water park that only has like 4 slides and a lazy river. All of which are packed full of kids and families, and you will have to walk long distances to get on the shuttle and then to the park, once you're at the hotel. I highly discourage doing this excursion. Do Atlantis as a separate vacation. You will be too tired to do anything once you get back to the ship because of how long the lines are, and how exhausting and expensive it is.

Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)

Pros here - food was included on the island. Depending on your drink package, that might be as well. It's only $25 to rent an umbrella and if you sunburn like me, well worth it. There is lots to do here, but I was so exhausted from Atlantis the day before (from all the standing in groups and waiting forever to go anywhere), so I really didn't get to enjoy the entire island. I'd love to go back and try jet skiing. Cons - It's all sand everywhere, no concrete really to walk on, so wear flip flops or sandals. Allow enough time both ways because you are tendered there and back. I wish I would have left earlier in the day before it got so hot. Watch how much you spend that sea pass also, as the charges add up. It's easy to forget, since you can conveniently use it on the island for shopping!

Disembarkation

I carried my own bags so I went with group one, and I was off in a flash. A lot of foolish people here tried to carry their own heavy luggage, and many of them impeded the process. I do wish the crew were a little more strict with this. I almost fell over one woman who couldn't carry her suitcase, but insisted on it anyways getting of the escalator. She almost caused a pileup, but could have cared less who she hurt in the process. Other than that, the process was quick and very efficient!