Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great ship and service

Sail Date: January 18, 2016

Everything about the ship and crew were great.  Our room (3588) was much larger than I imagined and it was always clean.  The ship is the oldest in the fleet, but I thought it was lovely and noticed little to be "repaired or replaced".  The food was overall very good in My Fair Lady dining room.  The Windjammer buffet was always crowded and your food wasn't hot once you found a place to sit due to the long lines at the food line and the crowded tables.  If you ate at off times things were much better.  The shows in the  Orpheum Theater were great . Some of the music in the Centrum Bar area, main central area of the ship, was too loud at times.  We had no noise problems in our stateroom, however.  We walked the steps when going up or down two flights to get exercise and free up the elevators.  The stop at Nassau didn't show me much,  I refused to pay the high price for shore excursions.  We walked the shops and were back to the ship around lunch time.  The private island, Coco Cay was lovely.  We rented a beach cabana for a small fee (prior to the trip) and found it to be the best buy of the trip.  Lounge chairs, float mats, cooler full of ice and two large bottle of water with a fruit plate served a bit later in your stay!

On departure day we took our own bags off the ship to expedite the process instead of waiting for a designated time.  All was good except the bags had to be lugged down the steps.  Some older passengers had trouble with this, understandably.  It was a good cruise for first time cruisers or for a short get away.

I randomly picked this room and it was absolutely great. The space was more than I expected. Clean with storage space and an extra small sofa and desk area for seating. Loved the window!!

Windjammer is crowded at all peak eating times. Your food will not be warm by the time you go through the food line and find a table. I was happy to have a dining time in My Fair Lady for dinner to receive good service and good food.