Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A bit disappointing

Sail Date: March 23, 2015

We cruise frequently and love this line. We were disappointed this time b/c upon check in there was a very strong odor in our room.  They tried everything to get the odor out but as the days progressed, it got worse.  The only vacant room left on the ship was several decks below and was much smaller.  Ultimately, the cruise line said they would give us 30% off our next cruise.  I feel I should have gotten 30% off the cruise I was on not one that I may or may not be taking in the future. In addition, when I read the fine print, I have to use the coupon within a year and it's not 30% off the price of a future cruise, it's a 30% credit of the amount I paid for this cruise, applied to a future cruise.  It was very frustrating and I do not feel they handled it as well as they could.  Food is plentiful but very average in quality but enjoyed Chops one night which was worth the upcharge.  Massages were great too and enjoyed many of the activities.

cafetaria quality food
very foul odor which could not be eliminated
b/c of them addressing the odor; sometime our room was not made up; took three nights before a wine steward came to our dining room table
my teen loved it
we thoroughly enjoyed swimming with the dolphins in the ocean and yoga on the beach
Port Canaveral, Florida
very efficient boarding
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
lunch is served at 12 which was late for us b/c we had had an early breakfast