Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

The Worst Customer Service Ever Received In My Life From A Very Frequent World Wide Traveler

Sail Date: June 02, 2014

My wife and I were married on May 31st, 2014. This cruise was planned over 6 months ago and we anxiously awaited our honeymoon which was this cruise, Enchantment of the Seas.

First of all one of our bags was lost and then when found was all torn up. Secondly we both became violently ill after paying for  steak filets. The sickness lasted all night long.

Also, my wife received a deep splinter in her foot due to a poorly taken care of floor by one of the pool areas. When she seaked medical attention for the throbbing foot pain, she was treated very badly by the medical staff. They were rude and showed no compaction and horrible bedside manner. Unfortunately she was so upset with the way she was treated she didn't get any names for me to report. The medical staff member tried to charge her 120 dollars to remove the splinter she got on the ship due to poor maintenance. No insurance was accepted.

I haven't even gotten to the worst part so bare with me. Those were minor inconveniences compared to the front desk guest relations staff.

The second shore excursion was Nassau. We went to a diamond shop to pick out my wife's honeymoon/wedding gift. She was so excited. I could see the excitement in her eyes. After going from shop to shop we finally found it. The perfect diamond that would replace her current setting on her engagement ring. She fell absolutely in love the diamond. I had never seen her so happy. It was a moment I will never forget. There was a problem though.

Due to The Royal Caribean's neglect, miscommunication, and lies or deceit, my card was charged a huge amount for on board expenses and my card was locked because of security reasons. I informed my credit card company that I would be in the Bahamas on a cruise. That was not the reason. The reason was due to an unauthorized charge on my card from the front desk while we were on the island.

When we checked in at the pier, we were told by PCN - Jennifer Hobbs that "It doesn't matter which card you have on file for on board expenses because you can change the card at any time and you don't pay until the last day when you checkout and unboard the ship." I specifically told her that the card on file is not the card I wanted my on board charges to be charged on.

I was so embarrassed when my card was declined when I went to pay for the diamond she fell in love with. I called my credit card company from my wife's phone because my phone did not allow roaming. I was told that I had to call from the card associated with my account. We had to leave the store and go back to the room where I was able to use the cell phone service from the ship to call my phone company to allow me to make calls while out of the country roaming. My phone company was the only number I could dial.

It turned out my cell phone company had one package for the cruise ship and the Bahamas that would allow me to make calls and it was 220 dollars. So I paid the 220 dollars and called my bank. I got my card unlocked. We went back to the diamond store to finally purchase the diamond that my wife fell in love with. The store was closed. I was so upset but my wife was devastated and started crying. We will never ever get another chance to purchase this diamond she loved to replace her engagement ring setting.

We went to guest relations and tried to explain this to JUAN HAM, "guest services officer". He showed zero compassion and acted like he didn't care and took no responsability nor apologized for what happened the COMPLETELY stemmed from guest services unauthorized charge to A CARD I NEVER WANTED CHARGED IN THE FIRST PLACE. Juan Ham kept going in the back room to talk to NICK VRZNIZAN, FRONT DESK MANAGER. He wouldn't bother to come out from the back room behind the curtain or didn't want to deal with us or was just not brave enough and made Juan ham do all his dirty work. NICK VRANIZAN was THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE  MANAGER I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!!! HE WAS SO INSULTING AND FAKE. He had this fake smile he kept while telling us there was nothing the could do for us and there was nothing he should do for us. We kept our calm while speaking to both employees. To top things off he CALLED SECURITY while we were speaking. Then he said "Hi security" as if to threaten us. I said if you called security for us that would only add insult to injury. He responded "oh no they just like to bother me." What a flat out lie. NICK VRANIZAN  PROVIDED ZERO HELP TO US. HE WANTED TO EVEN TAKE AWAY A CREDIT WE HAD RECEIVED FOR THE FOOD THAT MADE US SICK!!! HE ACCUSED US OF LYING AND TRIED TO MAKE US GO TO THE MEDICAL STAFF THAT TREATED MY WIFE SO POORLY!!! He blamed every thing ON US. He  treated us as a dollar sign instead of guests. He did not do anything for us and walked away. He didn't have any compassion as to how important our issue was and COMPLETELY RUINED OUR HONEYMOON.

As a follow up after the cruise I filled out a survey from Royal Caribbean a week ago and selected the option to be contacted by corporate and have yet to receive as much as an email.

Not kept up and caused my wife to get a deep splinter then wanted 120 dollars to take it out
Horrible. And that's not even counting in the food poisoning...
WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED FROM THE FRONT DESK EMPLOYEE JUAN HAM AND EVEN WORSE SERVICE FROM FRONT DESK MANAGER NICK VRANIZAN. I feel JUAN HAM could use more training and then he could move from the category of horrible customer service to bad customer service. As for NICK VRANIZAN I feel there is no hope for him and should be terminated IMMEDIATELY!! Perhaps he could clean bathrooms for the crew. I don't he would be capable of cleaning a guest's bathroom...
Too many drunk guests
My wife enjoyed the comedy show and game show
I actually received good service from one person and that was the guy in charge of housekeeping for our floor/deck
Port Canaveral, Florida
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Great prices for diamonds, even though we had a horrible experience because of guest services charging my card without my consent or authorization