Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Would rather be stranded at sea on the fun ship any day

Sail Date: March 18, 2013

As a previous Carnival only cruiser I kept hearing things like "oh, once you do Royal Caribbean you'll never want to go back". Well that's not the case. I'd rather be stranded at sea with friendly staff as opposed to on a vacation with most staff acting like they hate their jobs and don't wanna be there. I am in no way a picky person, most times when picking hotels I am good with 1 and 2 stars so it is unusual for me to be so dissatisfied. The staff was rude and seemed highly annoyed that I was asking to order a Starbucks coffee from the Starbucks stand on the ship, the room was dingy, the different rooms on the ship where not in fact private rooms (i.e. on carnival the night club was separate and looked and felt like a nightclub, the piano bar the same, etc) on this ship all the rooms where just open areas that people constantly walked thru. I didn't like that. I found the other travelers to be rude also, eating in the windjammer was like a battle as people did not stay in line, cut in front of you, about knocked you over and most acted as if they had never ate before. There were no trays which I just feel makes getting a plate, drink and silverware a much easier task. The lunch buffet closed at either 3 or 330 but starting at 230 they would begin roping off seating sections and food. I think that if you are OPEN until 330 then you are OPEN until 330 - full service. The company seemed highly unorganized. To get to our excursion on our stop in Nassau we had to go sit on deck 5 for 40 minutes and get a towel from deck 9 to leave on deck one. On carnival the boat docks you walk to deck one and they hand out towels in case you've forgotten one and you meet your tour outside. The private island was nice at coco cay and it was nice that they had us lunch but we were on the last tendered boat to get from the island back to the ship and we had to sit and wait like 40 minutes for the staff to load all the kitchen supplies and bar supplies in a very unorganized fashion to our tendered boat. (You'd think doing this week would provide some kind of organization ). Then once we reached the ship we all had to wait until everything was unloaded before we were able to get off. I understand that getting this stuff back on board is a necessary thing but I just feel that it should be unseen by the guests and if it must be seen then at least act like you know what the heck you are doing. The unorganization of getting us of the boat in Nassau lead us to be late for our tour and late coming back from our tour meaning that all the shops on the island were already closed (they close at 530). The best meal we had the whole time was at the Hard Rock Cafe in Nassau island. The bar tenders seemed annoyed at the request of a beverage and you had to stand there and wait and wait for them to wait on you. I was highly irritated that even with prepaid gratuities every bar drink added a 15%tip. I am usually a great tipper but don't feel their service waranted anythin additional. I would definitely cruise again, but never with royal Caribbean.
Dingy old
Dingy. Large pole in middle of room. Shower very small with gross dirty curtain.