Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

An average cruise

Sail Date: May 03, 2012

The ship is a little tired and worn. The main theater was lovely, the rooms need serious updating...though I am told it will be done by this time next year.

Pros: The break from reality and having people take care of all the things I normally have to take care of.

Cons: The rooms are outdated.

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? No.

A HUGE drawback, is in crossing the 5th floor to get to the dining room, you must walk through the casino. There is no "around" the casino as it's from wall to wall. And, as most do, the casino wreaks of cigarette smoke.
The best part was I didn't have to cook. But even in the dining room the quality is just a step up from a cafeteria. The variety was good and they have a "My Time Dining" where you don't have to commit to 6 or 8:00. Like a regular restaurant you call up and schedule the time you will arrive.
The bed and pillows were pretty good, which really matters to me. But there is no full ice bucket, unless you ask...daily. The TV was pathetic. It reminded me of our first in the 1970's...but it was even smaller. And what happened to the chocolates on the bed each night???
As always the staff and crew were amazing! I cannot say enough good about them.
I think the entertainment was better than average. Many cruises overuse their young talent. This one had great evening variety. And the fact that they used their main theater to show daily movies was terrific. Great use of the room, and plenty of seating.