Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

Stay with RC, but pick another ship

Sail Date: May 03, 2012

We left from Baltimore and were planning on just getting some rest. That hope ended the first night out. A noise much like a jackhammer sounded in a panel in or near our room and the rooms of our neighbors on both sides. It took me the better part of two days of complaining to get taken seriously. Then no admission on the part of the staff that they could or would be fixing it. Promises of discounts and credits on future cruises and ear plugs brought to our door, but never an admission that this noise - which went on and off day and night - would every cease. It's an old ship and there is no much to do. The ports of call were nice but plan for getting out of St. George's in Bermuda - the beach there is $20 pp. The food on this ship is the same, day in and day out. There was really very little change and it just got old. The shows were okay but the movie screen they use for projection was actually a curtain and out of focus. The staff was okay - except for the woman who told me I shouldn't cruise if I had sensitive hearing. When I let her hear the noise that my wife recorded on her phone at 4 am, she stopped in her tracks. RC is nice but I'd look for a ship with more things to do and perhaps one that doesn't rattle quite this much. RC is taking it to dry dock in November. Not a moment too soon.

Pros: Ease of check in at Baltimore, ports of call were nice.

Cons: Not a lot to do onboard and the food never seemed to change.

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? No.

Just probably for us - room was nice - but see above regarding the noise.
Food never changed. How much bread can one person eat?
Easy to get around.
For what they could fix, they were great.
Small ship. Not a lot of choices.