Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

What a fantastic vacation this was!

Sail Date: April 01, 2012

This was my husband's first cruise and only my second (and first with RC). We had a great time and really wished we had had more time in Bermuda, we didn't get to see everything we wanted.... but the onboard entertainment (particularly the song and dance shows) were top notch, and we enjoyed getting all dressed up for the formal nights, getting our portraits taken, and dancing the night away. There were very few children on this cruise, which we also liked.

Pros: The ambiance of the ship, the fine dining, the friendly staff and fellow cruisers

Cons: That the "behind the scenes tour" of the ship was $150 a person - we didn't go on it. It also seemed like everything was extra, and highly priced.

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? Yes!

We are self professed foodies - we really liked some entrees, and others were a "miss" - BUT the presentation was always very good, the food looked great on the plate. The portions were small, but I think that was a good thing, it helped me to gain less weight. We didn't eat in the specialty restaurant "Chops Grill" (that was about $25 extra per person) because I am not a big steak fan, but my husband had beef most every night in the "My Fair Lady" dining room. The desserts were especially delicious and innovative, but again, small portions. The wait staff was very attentive.
It is beautiful and elegant. Well maintained by a staff of some 850 people.
We were up on Deck 8, so there was a bit of rocking, especially in the one night of rough seas. Next time we will pick a lower deck. We got an interior room, it was strange at first to wake up to pitch black darkness, since there were no windows. Our Room Steward was so thoughtful and friendly, always asking us how our day was, etc. We really liked him and he took good care of our room.
All staff were all smiles, we felt like we got kid glove treatment. They were great!
Lots of on board options, it was sometimes hard to choose what to do - they all looked like fun. Again, I was a big fan of the singers and dancers. Not so much for the puppet comedian or the magician, but hey, they gotta plan entertainment for all types of guests, including families, so I get it. But there generally is something for everyone.