Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Great Ports

Sail Date: February 06, 2012

This is my 4th cruise aboard the Enchantment of the Seas even though I thought it was lacking any real excitement I will travel on it again because of the convenience of the ship location. Love all the ports except San Juan, have been there often and port fees are high and we do not stay there long enough to do any thing. I am a long time cruiser and did not enjoy much of the entertainment. I feel Royal Caribbean puts all their effort into larger ships and since this ship mostly attracts an older passenger it doesn't put their best foot forward. Activities are so old and lack luster they can barely get any one to participate, If you are paid to be a activities director you should create some new activities not continue to reuse 20 year old activities. Ship really needs work done on septic system. Also I felt like the entertainers were on vacation with the rest of us and should have been working on newer acts.

Pros: Ports of call except Puerto Rico.

Cons: Activities, so dated same activities for over 20 years.

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? Yes!

All of the activities have been around for many years and need some newer questions or activities. The game the quest which is always a great time people have been playing it for so may years that they bring everything they need so first timers do not even have a chance. The pool games were the horrible and could not even generate any interest they actually were begging people to participate, except for the belly flop contest. Best band was by the pool.
House keeping really does work hard.
Our cabin boy did an excellent job of cleaning the room, I felt that it was very dated. The bathrooms need to be redone. Cabin space is adequate and so is the storage.
The housekeeping staff and the waiters always work very hard on these ships. While the entertainment staff were seen partying all over the ship as if they were on vacation and the entertainment needs some newer acts. Most of these acts have been around for over 15 years. Or recycled from other ships. The best show was the unexpected boys. But have seen this act before also.