Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Fun but not really relaxing family time

Sail Date: December 17, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Loved our cabin, on board entertainment, staff esp. cabin/stateroom crew. Would have liked more relaxation time with my husband but that was hard with a 3 and 8 year old. Found some of the "hidden" costs, for instance kids had pop package and assumed that included pop in the stateroom-it did not!-VERY EXPENSIVE! Staying connected on board was extremely expensive-Recommend buying international package from Verizon. Spa Hot Stone Massage was fabulous by Jenn, she's Irish. Highly recommend. Excursions were alright, but docking times severly cut into sun and fun time esp. during winter months when sun goes down early.

Pros: Crew hospitality was superb!

Cons: Be ready to spend, spend, spend!

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? Yes!

My older son, 8 yrs old, loved the activities and had a great time. My only complaint was that they would not take my younger son, who just turned 3 yrs, and was not fully potty trained for activities without either myself or husband. This really added to this not being a very relaxing vacation for him and I. If there had been some program that could take him, even for 1-2 hrs, that would provided us with some down time. It would have made the vacation a total success. Babysitting was available but it cost additional money and we found it difficult to arrange d/t availability of staff. We also had some concerns on who we would be leaving him with in our stateroom.
There were a ton of activities to participate in and they were all optional. Cruise director and his assistant were funny and we loved the on board television show they did. we also liked the pictures they took all the time and should have taken more advantage of those opportunities.
Food was great, drinks were strong and not too unreasonably priced! BEWARE of stateroom beverages! They cost a fortune and ARE NOT FREE!
Food was great. Didnt realize till the last day that I could eat more than one offering at the formal dinners though! Take advantage of this during lobster formal night! The lobster was some of the best Ive ever had!
Kids loved the drop down bunks, and towel animals. I loved the bed and linens but hurt my husband's bad back.
Our stateroom attend, IVAN, was fabulous as were the other two stateroom attendants in the corridor, Lamar, and Pardeem. Our Head Waiter, Sherry was genuinely kind and accommodating. Front desk was very helpful. No complaints about anyone associated with Royal Caribbean's employees the went above and beyond.