Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

Our first family cruise

Sail Date: August 01, 2011

While the steward came twice a day, he had specific hours he came, and if you were in the rooom, he would not even come in the room to ask if you wanted your room serviced. If he would have asked me, when I was in the room, if I had wanted my room serviced, I very well might have left the room, so he could have serviced it.

Pros: The balcony in my handicapped accessible stateroom

Cons: The disembarking was not very clear as to when you had to leave your room. Our daughter had to leave her room, before she was ready,m and this was not written.

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? Yes!

Our waiter was excellent.
Guest Services tried to help, with the "creaking noises," as best they could, I think, but it was still not enough.
We liked the Broadway Show and the variety of live music, in the Centrum. The children liked the napkin folding and the towel folding. The bars were very full, and it was hard to find seating, though.
The food was good, not great nor excellent. I was disappointed there was not a midnight buffet of some sort. I did not like the long lines of people waiting for dinner. To me, this seemed "un-classy." Our waiter, however, was excellent.
I thought the ship was fairly clean but not exceptionally clean. Also, I am handicapped and have to use a battery-operated scooter-wheelchair. Several times, cleaning people with brooms and dustpans told me, quite rudely, that I had to move. These people did not ASK me to please move; they TOLD me to move, in a rude manner.
The handicapped room I had was very accessible. Almost all of the rest of the ship was also very handicapped accessible.
The stateroom was very handicapped accessible.
However, our room made "creaking noises," so loudly we could not sleep well, at night, at all, even though Guest Services supplied us with ear plugs and the ship's carpenter came twice to try to rectify the problems.
In an effort, by Guest Services to make up for this, we were given a letter stating we would receive a 20% credit, toward a cruise, of this price, if we took one, within a year. This would be hard to do, as our daughter has a summer job, and we have a limited amount of vacation time; so, I do not think the 20% off coupon will be of any value to us.