Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Disappointed

Sail Date: June 01, 2011

This was my 19 cruise and 9 with RCCL and comparing it to the other RCCL ships it was not up to the RCCL standards. RCCL was number 1 in my book but after this cruise and not enjoying myself that much I might need to try another cruise line for my next trip.

Pros: Ship was very nice

Cons: Shows were really bad and not up to the RCCL standards and the activities what was available very few was directed mainly to the older group of people. There needs to be more activities for all age groups and things to do while at sea.

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? No.

The food at the Windjammer was always the same type of food and all taste the same. They need to extend their breakfast hours for people who stay up late and like to sleep in the mornings. Lunch items can be found other places on the ship but unless you eat in the dining room or Windjammer breakfast is limited.
The entertainment was not RCCL quality of performers and we hardly ever seen the cruise director. Activities was very limited especially when we were at sea. Unless you liked Bingo there wasn't much more to do. There needs to be more activities for the younger crowd for ages 18-21 group and not all for the older group.
The ship staff in some areas were not pleasant at all. Some of the waiters looked tired and angry all of the time. I know they work hard and maybe to hard to be pleasant but when you are on vacation you don't want to be greeted by angry, ignorant people.
The ship was very clean when we boarded and kept that way during the entire trip. They were very timely in leaving the port of departure. If they were late leaving they stayed longer at the next port to make up the time.
Staterooms were great, plenty of room
Fantastic. My Grandaughter goes on the cruise who is 10 and this was her 3rd cruise and the Ocean Adventures is where she spends most of her time. When she came back to us in the evening her day was alot more exciting then what we had to do.