Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Nice Cruise

Sail Date: May 01, 2011

We recently cruised (May, 2011) on the Enchantment of the Seas. Our overall cruise was great, however, there were a few disappointments. One of the most disappointing was our inside room. We usually book an inside room to save money because you are not in your room that often, only to sleep. This room was so small I had to slide down the bed to get out to go to the bathroom. We also had experienced some bathroom issues and it took almost 2 days to repair. The ship is old, but it was still very nice. We really enjoyed the adult only pool and of course the outside pools. Everything was very accessible - to restaurant, casino, buffet etc. The ship was laid out nicely.

Pros: Relaxation

Cons: Room

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? Yes!

The smallest inside room I have ever been in. It is bad when you have to slide out of a bed to go to the bathroom. You could not walk around it. There were enough storage/closet space though. The TV was so small I could hardly see it. I liked to watch it in the morning to see where we were.
All the public bathrooms really smelled terrible, like urine. I never experienced that on other ships before. I think it is because the ship is older and the bathrooms were very small and cramped. Other than that the ship was very clean and places were easily accessible.
The food was good, but not great. The service was excellent in the dining room or buffet. The buffet had the same thing though, day-in and day-out. Same thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They need more variety of vegetables and sides. You can never go hungry on a cruise though. I was very disappointed in the late night food. Normally you have a few choices. There really were not that many choices - pizza, hot dogs, burgers. What happen to fruit, cheese and crackers, finger foods??
Staff anywhere are always very helpful and will go out of their way to assist you. Our room stewart was excellent as well as our waiters. Wherever we went someone would come over to see if we needed any assistance. The only complaint I had was at Customer Service when I complained about our toilet problem. They were not helpful at all.
There were plenty of activities if you wanted to do them or if not then just relaxe around the pool. We enjoyed all the shows and entertainment. Times were convenient. The only thing to complain about was seating issues. If you wanted to see a show you had to be there at least 30-45 minutes before the show. Also they had reserved seating for gold card carriers. I truly don't believe in that. I do believe special guest should have ammenties, however, not reserved seating.