Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

60th Birthday Day Cruise for my wife

Sail Date: November 01, 2010

Room Type: Suite

Overall we really enjoyed the ship because we just went on a cruise on the sister ship last year so we pretty much knew the layout of the ship from the moment we went on board.

Pros: Definitely the Cruise Director - Carly - she was wonderful

Cons: Few things did not meet my expectatioins

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? Yes!

The food was excellent, the selection was varied and sometimes hard to make up our minds as to what we wanted. Many time was tempted to order two of the entrees. Two items that fell short was I booked ahead for this tour and asked for sitting for 4 -6 and eneded up at a table of 10. No one else were Suite Guest so I believe we were turn place at any table that was available. We are not snobs but when we were Suite Guest before we did end up with a small quiet table. The other disappointment was my wife was never served a slice of cake and song Happy Birhtday to. This is something I specifically noted with our travel representative becuase my wife gets embarrassed by this kind of stuff and I wanted to do it anyway. On top of that I was going to deliver her gift to her while she was receiving her cake but had to change that plan. The other small negative thing was I ordered a bottle of wine for my wife's birthday was delivered the first day on the ship instead of when I wanted it.
The room was great, we knew it was going to be since I picked out the equivalent room that we had on the sister ship. It was great to have our own climate control since it was freezing in Baltimore and hot in the Bahamas. It appears we took our cruise at just the right time because now the Flordia Keys are having record breaking lows. Once again, room decoration, flower cake and birthday cake for my wife was all delivered the first day instead of when I aksed for it to be delivered.
If you were not entertained or have enough activitis on this cruise then it was your own fault. There was always something go on that could be done, the choice was yours if you wanted to do it or not. Loved being able to play Bingo, found out how much we sucked at Michael Jackson Name that Tune .. 7 out of 20 is not that good.
We did not have kids on this cruise and apparently the parents were not in control of the ones that were there. They told us that the cruise had 535 kids which is something we were trying to avoid when we were told the Carnival cruise line had a bunch of kids on their cruise. The children ran around all over the ship, and when the comedian has to include in his act that this is the only ship that he has even been on where you got on the elevator and did not have to push a button for your floor that you wanted to go to because all the floors were pushed. The enforcement of minors having to be supervised by their parents at all times was a joke.
The ship could not have been cleanier, the crew more polite, everything was great. This was a 9 day cruise for us to lay back and enjoy ourselves and we did.
If we could give them more stars then what is listed here we would. Everyone was excellenet, we could not ask for a better staff, everyone was friendly, cheerful and very helpful. We especially loved the Cruise Director - Carly - she was a blast. Moe the assistant Director was another person with a lot of energy - unfortunately for Royal Moe told us that it was going to be one of his last tours because he was going back home to Fuji for awhile. Dave was really cool too and he said that he was returning to Italy. We definitely were glad to have each one of these people share in our life for the 9 day cruise. Oh, can not forget to thank Kathlyn, I asked her if our friends could join us in the Gold Membership seating instead of having to wait in line and she was agreeable with that .. thank you Kathlyn .. see good things do not always go unrecognized. Also we had the best Captain, informative and had a great sense of humor.