Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A wonderful, "Enchanting" cruise!!

Sail Date: January 21, 2008

This was our first cruise. My wife and I were celebrating our 20th anniversary and later we decided to take our 2 boys along with us. They're 18 and 14. We had a superior oceanview balcony stateroom. it was wonderful and a lot more spacious than we had expected. We all stayed in the same room, my wife and I on the queen-size bed and the boys on the fold-out couch. Our bed was very comfortable. The boys' only complaint was that they were not used to sleeping together so cover hogging was an issue. Other than that, no complaints. There was lots of places to stow our stuff. We had come aboard with 7 full-size suit cases and 4 carry-ons. Everything had a place in that room and all the luggage fit under the bed. We were amazed.
The ship itself was beautiful! We were on a 5-day cruise and I don't think we saw all of it. There were beautiful ocean views everywhere you went. Everything was sparkling clean.
We ate in the dining room for every dinner. Our waiter, Jose, was the best!! He was very attentive to our needs. Our assistant waiter, Wesley, was great, too. They were very personable and very willing to talk to us about their families, how working on a cruiseship works, how it affects their family lives, etc. It was very interesting.
My wife and I decided to go to Chops one night because of all the reviews we had read about it. The kids decided they would eat at the Windjammer buffet that night or order room service. At the last minute my youngest son decided he would rather go to the dining room so he put on a shirt and tie with dress pants and headed down by himself. He was the only one at the table and Jose and Wesley really took care of him. Let him try whatever he wanted and if he didn't like it, gave him something else. They really went above and beyond the call of duty that night to make him feel extra special. I will always be grateful for that.
As far as Chops goes, I though the food was great and the service was wonderful, however, I didn't think it was any better than the service or the food in the dining room and I didn't think it was worth the extra $25 per person for that. Though my wife and I did enjoy the quieter, more romantic feel of Chops as compared to the dining room.
The shows were great and they had quite a variety. We didn't go to all the shows, but at least one of use was at everything, I think.
For those of you with kids, they have some great structured activities for them. They separate it out into different age groups and do events and things with them, scavenger hunts, etc. my youngest was in the 14 to 17 category and they did a lot of parties, arcade things, etc. He even won a Royal Caribbean shoulder bag at the scavenger hunt.
There are many activities on the ship for all ages. They have bingo almost every night and of course the casino was fun. My wife and I played bingo to win a free 5-day cruise for 2. She only need one number and someone bingoed before her. Oh, well, it was still exciting.
And finally to our stateroom attendant, Esther. She was just excellent. She was there whenever we needed her with a smile on her face and accommodated our every need. She, too, was very personable and willing to have discussions with us. She really did a great job with the boys in making them feel special. She did extra special towel animals for them and they really loved it.
The only negative I can even think of is that the pools didn't seem to be heated. Now, I say that with the understanding that I like a pool to be like 85 degrees or better, but to me these pools were quite cold. My 14-year-old certainly didn't seem to mind because he swam every day and every night.

Pros: The excellent staff!

Cons: Pools not heated?

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? Yes!

Belize City, Belize
We went to my Mayan ruins in Belize. They were just beautiful. Our tour guide was fabulous. This was a quite dirty country and I personally wouldn't go back, though it was interesting.
Belize City, Belize
Key West, Florida
Weather was great and we would certainly go back for a longer stay.
Don't Miss: The Conch train or Trolley is a must-do. Very informative tourguide.
Key West, Florida
Weather was great and we would certainly go back for a longer stay.
We just did some shopping here and had a Corona. The water is just the most beautiful blue you have ever seen. Weather was great.