Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

nightmare cruise

Sail Date: July 01, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I was on the last voyage of the Enchantment in December 2004 when it was sent to be stretched. It should have been sent to become a new coral reef.The last voyage was a nightmare with surly staff,dirty cabins,poor food,theft from our room,broken balcony locks, and overall disregard by the entire staff from administration to cabin steward,including corporate all the way to the top.
I was now on the new Enchantment July 12-16. Why? As a favor to my best friend who wanted to take her grandchildren on their first cruise. Begging, please come with me. I warned her. I had absolutely no expectations and I think Enchantment failed to even reach the lowest bar possible! I even had a balcony cabin just a few doors from my previous cabin. The same dirty furniture was still in the room, just as dirty. The carpeting was just as dirty. The lock on the balcony door was still broken. Apparently this little item was given up on, as now a hook latch was installed. That just took a credit card to undo. The "new " refrigerator did not work until maintainence was callled. It stopped working after 2 days. The room steward looked at us like we were from Mars when we asked for anything. It appeared to be "too much trouble." The eyes rolled every time a request was made. The air conditioning did not work; It stayed a balmy,humid 78 degrees in the room until the very last night at 3 am,just a few hours before before leaving the ship.The pool area was filty,grimy,black film. The halls are filled with mold and mildew. Staff was hard to find.AND THERE WAS NO HAND SANITIZER! I have been on other criuise lines and hand sanitizer is everywhere,especially entering the food areas and around the pool. Not on this ship. The first AND LAST use of hand sanitizer was to get on the ship at the dock in Fort Lauderdale. Fortunately we bring our own. Is it any wonder royal Caribbean gets Norwalk virus? The toilets only flushed sporactically, even in the common areas. Whole bathrooms would not be flushing outside the dining halls.The NIGHTMARE ON ENCHANTMENT is over. Royal Caribbean will never get my business again. Like I said, I was begged to go.We have made certain our friends know. We have personally made sure at least one hundred people did not book cruises with royal caribbean. We warn people constatnly. we just participated on a destination wedding that WAS NOT BOOKED with RC . More than 25 rooms went to another cruise line that trip.Royal Caribbean has never met any expectations.

Pros: getting off the ship

Cons: filth,backup toilets,poor air conditioning,no refrigeration;broken balcony locks

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? No.