Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Terrible Cruise

Sail Date: May 12, 2007

Initially paid for a stateroom in front of the ship with a large window for oceanview. I checked into the room just prior to the ship leaving the port. As the ship departed the port I heard the ship engines start up and continued to rumble extremely loud. I was laying on the bed and it started to shake as if an earthquake was in progress. I immediately ran out into the hallway to ask the porter what was going on and he told me that the ship was just leaving port. I informed him of the bed shaking and the loud rumbling noise in my room # 3504. (Do not pick this room or any room in the vicinity.) The porter informed me that this was usual and that the noise would stop after we reached the open seas. I learned that anytime the ship excelled, I would experience the same rumbling noise and bed shaking. I asked guest services to move me to a different room and they compiled however the new room was a lower class then originally booked and did not have a window but was close to the middle of the ship. The new room was good and I did not hear the ship's engines roaring any more however whenever the ship turned, I felt the movement in my new room and all over the ship. This was my third time taking a cruise and my first time on a Royal Caribbean ship. Now I understand why people say they got seasick on a cruise ship. The ship was unstable in majority of the common areas, eg, in the casino, daily dining area, my stateroom, on the pool deck, etc. I could not sit by the window in the main dining areas without feeling dizzy. Another problem is the fact that soda & water are not included in the cost of your cruise. The water dispensed from the so-called filtered water machine in the main dining room gave me diarrhea every day on the ship until I figured out what was the culpit and stopped drinking it. In addition, I discovered that any food products made with the water also gave me diarrhea. example the pancakes, the orange juice drink, etc. I stopped eating these things and the diarrhea went away. I do not recommend this ship or this entire cruise line as I have used Carnival for two different trips and did not experience any of the above.

Pros: Food was good.

Cons: Unstable ride on the boat

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? No.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Dunn' river fall was great.
George Town, Grand Cayman
You should tell people that the taxis will not depart from the port until they are filled to capacity. This is a problem if you are trying to make a scheduled event with little time.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Dunn' river fall was great.
George Town, Grand Cayman