A Great Cruise

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Enchantment of the Seas

4 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail Date: December 14, 2006

Ship: Enchantment of the Seas

Review Summary

The ship was very well kept and had all of the ammenities that one would want on a cruise.

Ports Of Call

Key West, Florida

I was disappointed that we were only at Key West from 7:00 am until 1:30 but after getting on shore, I realized that there really wasn't anything exciting there. I thought it was going to be a very laid back island where we could relax, but the night life was all that it had going for it and we weren't there at that time. I wasn't impressed with Key West at all, though I suppose it is a place that you have to visist once. Nothing really opens until 10 am at the earliest and it was mostly tourist traps.
Don't Miss: The ocean

We participated in the bike/beach/snorkeling activity and we really enjoyed it. The guides were extraordinary (Miguel and Manuel). Miguel dove under the ledges to stir up fish for us to see and the beach was wonderful and relaxing. It was a very beautiful spot. We went to San Miguel (Carlos and Charlies) for a snack after our snorkeling adventure. The restaraunt was very loud, but it was a really fun place to be. The wait staff was very friendly. We hit the shops in that area, but there seemed to be an over abundance of jewelry, alcohol, and cheap t-shirts. We wanted more authentic Mexican items and they seemed to be scarce. There was a lot of poverty in the area and a lot of distruction from the hurricane still, but the people were so very friendly.
Don't Miss: Snorkeling

Key West, Florida

Don't Miss: The ocean

Don't Miss: Snorkeling

Pros: The staff was very friendly

Cons: Not enough time at each port of call

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? Yes!