Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

We thought it was a good time

Sail Date: May 01, 2006

We have been on 7 cruises, 6 with Royal Caribbean. We have been on the Sovereign of the Seas, which is a very old boat, and the Mariner of the Seas, one of the new ones and this one ranked right up there at the top. The renovations were great. Much better than we expected. We had 2 inside rooms, and were pleasantly surprised at the size of them. We had great service, everyone seemed very pleasant and I have to agree with the other reviewer who said that the staff seemed happy. Believe me, it makes a difference. We have been on a cruise where the staff didnt seem so content, and it made everyone miserable. The entertainment was a pair of jugglers and a comedian. We enjoyed all the shows except for the RC dancers and singers. We have seen much better than that. We also didnt care for the ports very much. We werent really impressed with Key West and we had been to Cozumel before. Not impressed with either. In Belize, everyone was super nice, but the excursion we took was mediocre. The bus broke down in the jungle, but we did make it to the cave. I have to say everyone was very, very friendly there, so all in all we had a really good time. Not the best we have ever had, but really fun. Also, there was a band called Riptide on the ship. We went just about every night to hear them play. We thought they were really good. And my teenage boys thought so, too. My 9 year old son really enjoyed the Adventure Ocean program. He has been to it 5 times, but still enjoyed it very much this time. The staff there was really, really great. Could'nt find anything wrong with the food, either. We thought it was really good. The spa was awesome. I got a massage and was in heaven. Very nice!!!!! All in all, best cruise we ever had was on the Mariner of the Seas, but this ship really impressed us as well and although we probably will go on the Freedom next, we would highly recommend this ship.

Pros: beautiful ship, staff overall was pleasant

Cons: ports