Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Just Ok-- Not sure about cruizing again

Sail Date: May 01, 2006

This was our 1st cruise and my expectations were very high from seeing ads and reading reviews. We returned home yesterday and I'm not having that warm fuzzy feeling everyone else reports. Our room was pretty good from peeping in other rooms. We had a balcony and I can't imagine spending any time in a room that doesn't . At least we could sit out on the balcony during the sea day. I've never seen so many drunks in one place-- I love a good cocktail or two, but I did want to remember that I'd taken a cruise. We saw people having to be helped back on the ship at Cozumel and you won't believe it but we actually saw a woman fall off the walkway into the water going back to the ship. There was no one around to help her get out of the water (we're talking a 15- 20 foot drop). The Mexican customs agent (thank god) wasn't drunk and had to leave his post and throw a life buoy out to her. (Her family was too drunk to help). No one from RC was on hand to help and I felt like if things hadn't gone well we wound have been seeing another incident in the news!! Also, they nickel and dime you to death-- you can buy a drink package, but drink choices are limited and they definitely wait on cocktail customers first. Granted, it wasn't all bad and I don't mean to make it sound so, but it wasn't like I'd heard described. Food was adequate, but the best meal we had was on the way home from the airport. The towel animals were cute, but not worth the price of a cruise. I think maybe we waited too late in life to take a first cruise and maybe we should have gone when we were too young to know that getting stone drunk gives you a bad hangover!!

c

Pros: Ports of call, balcony

Cons: Food average, Staff not too friendly