A Great Family Cruise!!!

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Enchantment of the Seas

5 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail Date: May 08, 2006

Ship: Enchantment of the Seas

Review Summary

I went with my husband and two girls ages 8 and 10. We have travelled on Carnival before and loved that cruise also. On our last trip my girls were afraid to go to the Ocean Adventure children's program. I also wrongly thought it was like a drop off babysitter for parents who don't want to spend time with their children. This trip they tried it and absolutely loved it. It doesn't cost anything unless they stay after 10 pm. They can come and go as they please and the crew is so good to them. They are busy doing science experiments, scavenger hunts, you name it. I had to force the kids to come to the islands with us. They wanted to stay. The Windjammer Marketplace is where we stuffed ourselves from morning to night. More variety of food than you can imagine. The pasta shop has create your own pasta. You pick the sauce, meat, veggies. It tasted out of this world. We ate there most of the trip. My husband isn't into dressing up for dinner. The only negative about the buffet is that the desserts are always fancy. No plain brownies or cake. The kids didn't like most of them. But that is what you expect on a cruise. One warning about the pools. My eight year old just learned how to swim, but not with much confidence. With the exception of the kiddie pool which is 1 ft. deep, the other pools have no shallow end. They are all over 4 1/2 ft. She would't go in. The enchantment of the seas which we went on has an interactive water play area, which looked better on the computer than in person. We had a rock climbing wall, but didn't use it. You had to sign up for an instructional session first and there was always a line. The entertainment was great! The ship was very clean! Don't make phone calls from the ship, they are 8 dollars a minute. Cell phones won't work on every island either, so plan ahead. If you drink alot of soda, buy the drink packages. We bought two and shared with the kids. Soda is not included on the ship. Enjoy your trip!!!

Ports Of Call

We went to Paradise Beach. Not my favorite. The water wasn't clear like I imagined and very rocky. The waiters were pushy. We probably should have gone to a more expensive private beach.

Belize City, Belize

We only shopped at this port. Very pretty.

Key West, Florida

We shopped in key west and it was beautiful. Lots of roosters running around. Interesting native people.

Belize City, Belize

We only shopped at this port. Very pretty.

Key West, Florida

Pros: The Windjammer Marketplace and The Children's Programs

Cons: I loved everything