Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review

Being a teen, I know how concerned parents can be if their teen will have a good time or not. Well I will answer some of your questions in my review. I am a 4 time cruiser and going on my 5th in the summer of 2003 onboard the Grand Princess for the Mediterranean cruise.Embarkation to board this elegant vessel was absolutely record-breaking for me. Compared to my other cruises, the crew of Enchantment of the Seas worked hard to get us on board in a decent manner. From time of unloading luggage to the porters to the first step on the ship took about 20 minutes. I didn't even have to fill out the on-line embarkation forms. The ship's interior was absolutely stunning. Extremely well-kept and not many noticeable signs of age except for the occasional stains on the floor from past spilled drinks. The crew was very welcoming and helpful in getting us to our cabin and helping us with putting us in our designated age group for their Adventure Ocean Program for kids. The cabin was a category H that had an ocean-view window, which was extremely larger than that of past cruises for being on the second to last passenger deck (Deck 3). Breakfast and lunch at the Windjammer was of average quality, which is understandable considering the galley crew tries to keep up with passengers in a game of supply and demand for food. Breakfast was not very good because of the same selection every day, but the omelet station was superb. Their lunch was of slightly better quality and more variety, which is always needed. Dinner in the Main Dining Room, My Fair Lady, was very precise and exquisite. Our waiters were some of the best I've had, expecially our head waiter, who made our cruising experience as a teen worthwhile. The food was always displayed professionally and tasted even better than that. The three midnight buffets that existed on our 7-night cruise were well displayed and organized. Drinks at the bar were average in preparation. The entertainment on board lacked one crucial element to a good variety, A STAND-UP COMEDIAN. The balancing act was not that impressive, but it does make you want to laugh occasionally. The comedian-jugglers were very entertaining considering I became part of the comedy when I ran in front of the stage to get my parents' attention and ended up having every head turned at me when the Hill Brothers, the jugglers, asked if we were lost or something. The performance shows were of Broadway caliber in quality. Even Micky from the Monkees was on board to entertain us, which was fantastic. Then the impersonation acts were 50/50. The Beatles impersonationists were very good but the female impressionist was the worst I have seen, she was very outdated in her performance. Overall, the entertainment was good.The kids' programs were of top quality and had the best counselors on staff, but participation was lacking. I think some activities weren't that appealing. Disembarkation was the slowest out of all my cruises because the lines were disorganized and everywhere, literally. Overall, this cruise was my best experience. The crew was the best because they actually want to talk to you and get to know the passengers they are serving. I want to say hey to all of the staff that I met Michael, Emilio, Fernando, and our waiter staff.Royal Caribbean, you guys do have a motto that lives up to your name. It was LIKE NO VACATION ON EARTH!