Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review

Enchantment of the Seas

Ship: Enchantment of the Seas

Review Summary

Let me start off by stating that I have been on this ship twice. The first time was in 1998 for our 25th wedding anniversary.The ship was only six months old and it was a tremendous cruise. We loved it so well, in 1990 we took our two kids with us, ages 15 and 24. Made the mistake of four in a cabin (for cost reasons), not bad, but definitely cramped. We found the second cruise not to be as fantastic as the first. I believe the staff makes or breaks a cruise. Maybe we were just spoiled because of our first one was totally out of this world, including having my wife spend our anniversary dinner seated next to the Captain ( who dined with us that evening) was quite a treat. The staff was good in 1998, but not quite as good. I am not saying they were not very friendly, etc., just not as good and witty... As far as the many people who say that people on the Enchantment are not friendly... Please Remember! If you smile at someone they usually smile back. If you go on a cruise with a chip on your shoulder, someone will knock it off... attitude is everything. By the way, when our assistant waiter and the head waiter saw us two years later, they called my wife and I by our first names when he saw us. Not because we were at his table either. That really makes you feel good. Excellent food and service on both trips. The Enchantment is a marvelous ship and Royal Caribbean does a very good job of giving you your money's worth on shows food and all. And don't forget, the cruise lines do not control the shore excursions. These are locals, don't blame it all on the lines. I will definitely sail with RC again and again and am looking forward to sailing in 2003 for our 30th. Got to try the Brilliance of the Seas. It looks wonderful. Good job RC!Bruce from OKSailed April 1998, Jan. 2000