Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Enchantment of the Seas wonderful

Sail Date: August 01, 2007

My husband and I have cruisedwith 3 other cruise lines and a total of 10 cruises and would say the Enchantment of the Seas was the best by far. The food was the best, with comfortable beds, loved the shower, the staff was absolutely the most helpful, friendly and professional with always a smile. We celebrated my 70th birthday with my husband, two children and three grandchildren. My kids and grandkids initially refused to eat in the dining room as they thought it would be stuffy, but changed their mind after the first night. The boys ages 12 & 14 were treated like adults but most of all had fun with the staff and my granddaughter age 7 was treated like a princess and they all tried food they would not touch before and all ate well according to their parents. The waiters remembered the drinks the children liked and they were brought to their place settings as soon as they arrived at the table. We felt like we were dining at the Ritz. What a lovely experience. The menu was varied and the quality excellent with ample portions. On other ships some evenings nothing enticed me, but on the Enchantment I couldn't make up my mind many of the nights. The Chops Restaurant was a wonderful dining experience and the food was excellent and I am so glad we decided upon arriving on the ship to book our reservation as they were filled by the end of the first day aboard. We especially loved the solarium area as children were not allowed to be in this area and the music was lovely and relaxing. We did enjoyed the Caribbean type music in the main pool area, but it was nice to have something else to enjoy as well. The recommendations by the person on the ship who booked our excursions was very helpful and we had a great time cruising first on a boat to a snorkling area and then swimming at a beach on Cozumel. It was just what our family was looking for and the very reasonable price included unlimited adult beverages, use of a pool, and beach, a food buffet and even water toys. We came home and recommend our 5 day and 4 night trip on the Enchantment to everyone we met. We are looking forward to cruising very soon on another Royal Caribbean Cruise ship.

Pros: friendliness of staff

Cons: bars too smokey and pools either a splash pool or too deep for children and some adults (like me)

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? Yes!

the vegas style shows were excellent, better than on other ships. You seemed to have something for everyone and every age
My grandchildren did not participate as they were shy. I thought they you offered a lot.
The ship was very very clean and it was easy to find ones way around the ship. We never got lost!
The food was just excellent. We had not one complaint. The waiters went above and beyond their duties.
Our stateroom was just perfectly situated on the ship and we had very quiet neighbors which I know you can't control, but it added to our enjoyment of our quiet and down time on our balcony.
Our room steward was the best we have experienced. He made the effort to remember our first names and was just the nicest person.