Relaxing Cruise

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Enchantment of the Seas

5 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail Date: October 14, 2006

Ship: Enchantment of the Seas

Cabin Type: Suite

Review Summary

We were impressed with the neew pool area. The multi-colored splash pool and suspension bridge with extra lounging was amazing! We were also disapointed that even though it was sunny & warm the "Adult Section" Solarium roof remained closed throughout the cruise. It was hot and smelled of chlorine. The alternative dining at Chops was great, (get the steak). We were somewhat disqapointed with the dining seating. We have gotten used to freestyle and having set dining times did not cut it for us. We missed moost of the shows because we picked the late seating.

Ship Experiences

Hard to complain about any food we saw and ate, like all cruises.

DUE TO OUR LATE SEATING AT DINNER WE DID NOT GET TO ENJOY MANY OF THE SHOWS.

I tried using a coupon offering buy as cocktail, get one free. I bought my wife a $10 martini but could not use it for a draft beer, I HAD to buy a cocktail. The phothographers were great! I suggust the indivual settings they offer 3 times a day. They set up and took the BEST pictures I have ever bought from a cruise.

Another disapointment was the pool deck refurbishing done during sea days. It was loud and areas blocked off. But as I said up 1 deck was the suspension bridge with great lounging, but service was lacking.

We were on deck 8 cabin close to the front of the ship and it was a long walk to go up or down.

Ports Of Call

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Dunns River Falls. Also get some coffee to bring home. You can bargain and get Jamacain Blue Mountain at about $18 a pound. Gevalia sells this for over $40.
Don't Miss: Bob Marley's home.

George Town, Grand Cayman

String Ray City and 7 Mile beach were great.
Don't Miss: String Ray City

George Town, Grand Cayman

String Ray City and 7 Mile beach were great.
Don't Miss: String Ray City

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Don't Miss: Bob Marley's home.

Pros: Port of Calls

Cons: Beach Towel Policy

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? Yes!