Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: July 20, 2009

Very good experience
Destination: Caribbean - Western
Sailing date: 07-2009

Pros:New features are beautiful, it's like a brand new ship!I last sailed on it in yr. 2000
Cons:Poor communication amongst catering staff in intially meeting my dietary needs.

We recently sailed on the Enchantment of the Seas, our third cruise with Royal Caribean. We do like Royal Caribbean's style, service, and entertainment. We loved the evening dining. I feel that the restaurant staff did not communicate amonsgt each effectively regarding my needs. I had spoken to seven people before my concerns were heard and needs met. I even went to see the Maitre'D at 3pm on the first day and he reassured me that he would take care of it.For the first 3 days on the ship I had to explain my dietary needs to all concerned. I even sent an email to you regarding my needs and was advised to see the Maitre'D, which I did. In the email I was advised not to eat in the Windjammer because of cross-contamination issues. However, I could not eat lunch in the My Fair dining room because it was closed. I was surprised that you game me this advise when you should have known that this was going to be the case. Anyway, after the mnanager Sayit S realized I was very upset he called Chef Nitin to talk to me. Chef Nitin was extremely helpful and he definitely exceeded my expectations and catered for all my dietry needs. My suggetions for going forward would be that Roayl Caribean takes people's dietary needs seriously. someone should sit with the guest on the first day and take recommendations and offer suggestions. All staff should be made aware of this very important issue. Good food is what makes a good holiday. Royal Caribean may also need to look at the vegetarian and Indian choices that it offers, particularly for it's nutritional content, especialy protein.Overall we have to say the ship was impressive, some staff were wonderful, however most staff appeared tired and sad and lacked motivation and drive. There was a stark difference between the level of service we experienced in 2009 to the service we received in 2000. Year 2000 was better. I hope this helps and that I can continue to recommend RC to my friends.
Thanks
Bina Selli

Pros: Entertainment

Cons: Staff attitudes

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? Yes!

Dining room staff need to be more sensitive to individual needs, particularly the the Head Waiters. Our Head waiter lacked drive was not very sensitive to my needs.