Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

First Time Cruisers

Sail Date: July 01, 2009

This was our first cruise. My wife as well as myself were very impressed. We had a flight from Norfolk to Fort Lauderdale that the cruise line scheduled for us. We decided to take this cruise with our 6 friends a month before the ship sailed. After rushing the passports and getting things lined up I decided to look the ship over on the internet. It looked small by the pictures. Was I supprised when I saw the ship at the dock. It was bigger than I thought. After checking in and getting our sea pass cards the vacation began. Our boarding went pretty fast for the number of people that were there. Once we got on ship our room was ready. We decided to get a balcony room. Glad we did! It was great to be able to go out in the morning drink coffee and watch the sun rise and see the beatuiful deep blue water. As I said the ship was big and it took me a lille time to get to know my way around the ship but my wife was navigator and she kept me straight. We brought the sea sick patches but didn't even put them on. It was smoothe sailing. We had a great time and are planning our next cruise.

Pros: The entire trip was wonderful! I didn't want to trip to end!

Cons: There was nothing that I did not like.

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? Yes!

The ship was really clean and nice. The public areas like the pool, bars and entertainment areas were very clean. After the first day I learned where everything was located.
The food was great in the dinning room. Clinton and George were our waiters. They were very attentive and gave wonderful service. If you asked for it you got it. There were 2 dinning times one at 6 and one at 8. We had the earlier time. The buffet was also good. It had just about anything you could want to eat at any time you wanted to eat it.
You truly felt like you were special on this ship. If you wanted anything all you had to do was ask. The staff in every part of the ship were great. Room service was quick to deliver breakfast or drinks when ordered and the entire staff would deliver when you asked for something.
We stayed in a balcony room. It was very comfortable and has plenty of room to store everything we brought with us and more. The balcony was an added pleasure during the trip. Comfortable chairs and table. Just great to see the ocean and the ports when you arrived at your destinations. Our state room attendant was Donnie and he was great. The room was always clean and straight whe we arrived and he made little animals out of the bath towels for us that was really cool!
I spent a lot of time in the Casino. My wife hit all the shows and I would join her for some of them. The shows were really great and I should have gone to more of them. Comedy show, Motown, The Drifters just to mention a few. The activity directors were great. I laughed so hard at their antics that my sides hurt.