Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The wworst Cruise ever

Sail Date: March 31, 2007

When we checked in, our person in Lauderdale was rude. Our room assignments were mixed up for the six of us. His attitude was that it was our problem - not his.

Being diamond we went to the concierge to book reservations in the gorme diningroom. Eventhough I was the first person at his desk when he opened at 5:00pm he told us the dining room was booked for the entire trip. We were wait listed. The last night we finally got to eat there and the dining room was full of the ship's officers, and we met one man who said he ate there every night. I paid for six pasengers on this cruise and don't feel I was treated fairly in this matter.

It was after 7PM when my luggage was finally delivered to the deck below mine.
It had been searched and a bottle of very expensive single malt scotch was confiscated. I was told that this is now company policy. (I assume the late luggage was my punishment) I never got the scotch back. This must be a new policy because I've always brought my own scotch on board and this has never happened before. (We sailed RCL out of LA in January and it didn't happen.)

Disembarkation in Jamaica was a nightmare. It took close to two hours. People missed tours they had paid for. We sat on a bus for an hour and a half waiting for my daughter, son-in-law and grand daughters. Boarding in Grand Cayman was a worse nightmare.

Stateroom problems. The first night our closet door kept banging because the door fastener wouldn't work. It took three calls the next day to get someone to fix the door. The passenger service person I spoke with at the front desk did not have an adequate command of the english language and I am sure he didn't understand me.

Room service for breakfaqst was late by 30 minutes.

The workout room was generally overcrowded

The hot tubs were overcrowded most of the time.

The people in the casino were polite and competent as were our waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter in the main dining room. The food was adequate to good. Our cabin steward did a good job.

I would hope that this review might be read by RCL policy makers, but I am afraid they will be to busy with important corporate decisions. I am sure this ship will be able to trade off the good reputation of RCL for years to come.

Pros: The casino - we won

Cons: Top Management

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? No.

Too many kids for the staff.
Teenagers were allowed to wear shorts on formal night.
The passenger capacity of this ship has been greatly expanded, but the other facilities have not kept up. Obviously management doesn't know what to do about it.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica