Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good, but not worth the money

Sail Date: June 29, 2006

Room Type: Suite

The ship is very pretty. Certain parts of the ship had breathtaking views (the relaxation room in the spa, the centrum, the Windjammer) The dining room is exquisite. Food was excellent, and being from New York, I know good food. The entertainment was cheesy at night and almost non-existent during the day.

Pros: Food

Cons: Lack of Entertainment

The layout of the ship was good with most things within a short walk. Every place I went was clean and pretty.
I ate four meals in the My Fair Lady Dining Room (three dinners and a breakfast) and each one was excellent, both in food and service. The atmosphere was great whether you wanted to look outside or across the vast dining room. The Windjammer (buffet) was also excellent. A good variety of food and surprisingly the quality was good as well. Although the restaurant was usually crowded, the lines moved swiftly and we always found a table. And the view was spectacular. I had four lunches and three breakfasts in this restaurant.
The room I was in was a suite, so I realize my room was better than most but is was great for the four of us (family)with a huge balcony. Everything was spotless and shiny with a bathtub, shower, and bidet in the bathroom. Plenty of space for clothes in closet and drawers.
There were not enough entertainment options during the day, especially at the pool.
The quality of shows in the theatre at night were good, not great. The entertainment in the spotlight lounge was surprisingly good thanks to the staff members running the show.
The entertainment at the pool would have been better if the MCs were better. Certain activities need someone funny to add to the festivities and most did not have that. The best and funniest staff member was the gentlemen who did the "Battle of the Sexes" on the second night in the Spotlight Lounge. And he also did the Karaoke which followed. Very entertaining.
The staff was extremely nice and were willing to help if you asked for it. Each and every staff member was friendly and courteous and knowledgeable.
Key West, Florida
Was disappointed that the "Crazy Boat" excursion was cancelled. But we ended up doing other things and the city is very pretty.
The activity we picked was the "Adventure Park Zip Line, Snorkeling". The workers did a good job and worked very hard and the snorkeling was enjoyable, although short. The Adventure Park was nothing more than a bunch of climbing walls which we have done many times in the past. I would not have picked that if I had know what it was. The excursions should be explained accurately instead of tricking people into thinking it is something else. The most depressing thing were the surroundings. In the area where we were, every hotel was closed and partly demolished, every beach area was non-exsistent and nothing but rocks, and it looked like a bomb had hit the area. I realize that a hurricane went through there last year, but that was nine months ago and I believe that you shouldn't have vacation activities in areas that are depressing to look at.