Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A great crew

Sail Date: April 24, 2006

Room Type: Suite

We had an aft junior suite. It was worn out but we really love an aft balcony. Bed uncomfortable and couch a fright. I think we would have liked the ship more before the stretch. It added more people. The pool area is a very strange set up. The pool band was very good (Heatwave) but the stage is right in front of the pool and totally disconnected from the dance floor. The band got so heavily splashed by the kids they had to stop playing to dry off their instruments. It's a poor layout. The disco is a poor layout with a very small dance floor and lousy DJ.

It seemed to be so crowded. Must have been 3 people in every stateroom. This was our 5th cruise with Royal Caribbean and the cutbacks were very noticeable. No body lotion or any extras in the suite. We were given a returnee coupon booklet only to have the "buy one get one free drink" coupons turned down.

I guess we just didn't care for the crowd. Formal night was not taken seriously and we wondered if people even looked in the mirror before they left their cabins. I think we need to step up to a more sophisticated cruise line. This cruise was probably ok for a first timers or families. For empty nesters, it was a bit boring.

I got mowed down on the stairs by teenagers racing on the stairs. I guess you might say I've been on better cruises.

Pros: fun tablemates and waiter

Cons: too crowded, too many dive bombing kids

Cozumel was flattened from the hurricane. They are hurting there. Be sure to spend some money there and not just in the cruise area shops. We have been there several times before the hurricane and noticed that they have lowered their prices on lots of items. You can get some good buys there.