Great small ship

Empress of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Empress of the Seas

4 Night Key West And Nassau (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 12, 2017

Ship: Empress of the Seas

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 4201

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

I really enjoyed this short vacation.    My room 4201 was very small but since I ended up going alone, it was fine.    For 2/a couple it would have been very crowded.     James the steward was awesome.    Food went from Golden Corral buffet style to totally awesome in the dining room on most nights.    Service everywhere was nothing short of great.    Entertainment at night was terrific;   shows, piano player, comedian etc.    Only three bars.    Small ship but I enjoyed the convenience of it.   It seemed like everything was just a few steps away from my room and anywhere else.     Mostly couples of all ages and a good bit of families.     Surprising since this is a school time.     Activities during the day were nothing to speak of.     I went to a coloring meet up and no one, including staff, showed up.    That was annoying.    Carlos is a great cruise director.     This is a great small short trip ship.

Ship experiences

Dining room GOOD, buffet sucked

Small. Good for solo but very tight for a couple.

Ship tip

Go to the buffet brunch in the dining room. Quite a spread

Ports of call

Get off the ship and pick up a Van trip for $20/25 and I think this is a good idea for those of you with modest pocketbooks. I got Pearlie as my guide and she was very good and nice.