Empress of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Nothing to do onboard but the ports are nice

Sail Date: September 03, 2016

Let me start off by saying cruises are amazing and I will definitely go again. This was my 7th cruise. It was my 2nd on Royal Caribbean. The 1st cruise on RC I had the creepiest cabin steward who came onto me, kissed my cheek, kept closing the door to the stateroom so we were alone, came in while I was sleeping and woke me up, told me he was drunk on the job, that he liked bigger women and I should accompany him in port. RC handled the situation but did nothing to make it up to me.  So that left a bad taste in my mouth first hand.

Now on this cruise, it was sans any creepy cabin steward. In fact, the staff was lovely. The cruise itself however was in poor taste. There was nothing to do on board. We would wake up in the morning, look at the Cruise Compass and find out there wasn't one thing we wanted to do until nearly 8pm.

This is because almost all onboard activities are from the vitality spa or the royal shops. Carnival does a much better job keeping guests entertained.

I didnt see our cruise director, besides on the TV, until he was waving goodbye to us as we left the ship.

Additionally, we bought a shore excursion through RC and they required us to meet at 6:50 in the Royal Theater. Thing was, there was no breakfast in the main dining room until 7. The windjammer said it started at 6:00 but when we arrived close to 6:30 there was nothing but pastries (terrible tasting ones) and whole fruit. No cereal, no bacon, no yogurt and not even a bagel.

We had decided to go to the House Music Dance Party the last night of the cruise. The Viking Lounge was beginning to fill with people but no one was breaking the ice for nearly 10 minutes. The DJ was doing a good job. That would've been a time for a cruise director to come to the lounge and help break the ice to get the party started. There was no sign of that happening, so we left even though we were really looking forward to it. Another failure by RC.

Finally, the room was the smallest of any one I've ever seen. And the toilet in our cabin was on the fritz the whole time which made it difficult for me and my significant other who are in the early stages of our relationship. Thankfully we laughed about it, but it could've easily been the nail in the coffin for having fun on the ship.

Thankfully we were able to make our own fun in port and make the cruise worthwhile.

Overall, 2/5 stars and would not cruise this ship or this cruise line again.

Small, very small. Toilet didn't work half the time.
Utterly boring.

Boring little ship. Be prepared to sleep and eat the whole time because that's all there is to do.