Empress of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

A ship looking for its identity.

Sail Date: August 29, 2016

The ship reminds me of the dinner cruise boats that are seen in the coastal waters of Florida.

I looked all over the ship looking for the Diamond lounge and was told by an officer that all the information on the Empress expresses there is no Diamond lounge. That info is not readily available and I was never informed.

The food in the Windjammer is for the passenger that appreciates hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch and dinner. Since it is the only quick eating area it is open for snacks at off hours. The snacks are reheated leftover foods from the other meals. Mostly overdone, something I would never serve.

The main dining was a bit better but my table did have a great wit staff.

Entertainment was mediocre at best.

I look forward in not recommending this ship.

Very small. The shower in bathroom was a corner with a shower curtain.
Embarkation was excellent, disembarkation a little erratic.
Windjammer is not worth any more that maybe a second rate hamburger and hot dog joint.

If you have low expectations and like hamburgers and hot dogs give it a try you may find it more inviting than I.