Empress of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Purser

Not impresed, but not bad

Sail Date: July 28, 2016

Presentation was great, but the food was pretty normal, sometimes not that great in taste  and very repetitive. Sometimes it was cold in dinning room (i.e. soup, macaroni).  Brunch was a bit of a chaos since the area was so small for the many people that were there, since it was a serve yourself.  Other passengers also commented on this.  The ship was small and some activities (I.e. 90s night) had to be done by stairs/elevators as there wasn't room for many people. People were actually watching from floors above.  When pool activities, the pool was so small for that many people to try to fight for a spot there.  Since it was so hot out, we spent a lot of time inside for that reason.  The service by crew members was EXCELLENT, they were all very pleasant, always willing to help.  We bought some liquor after samples and when inside the store to pay, the assistant manager came in to give me a coupon for jewelry the next day and he told me the time for the event, then proceeded to test me on it again later to make sure I got the time right... while I understand his job is in sales, I felt a bit pushed and shouldn't have to be tested when I am on vacation.  I did have one crew member asked me about my experience as a buyer and he was very nice. When in Coco Cay it was more of a day at the beach, had to rent umbrellas because of the heat.  I had travelled with other ships and once you come in they had music, activities, etc... this one did not until lunch time.  Where we were the water had a lot of rocks hurt your feet.  We did not explore the rest.  When going to the ship's excursion desk to ask about the Trolley for Key West, costs, etc.. I found the attendant to be a bit rude and more interested in the music by the stairs than taking the time to talk to me, seemed bothered.  Needless to say we did not purchase there.  Some of the activities were fun and entertaining, wish there would had been more room and maybe entertainment for older folks.  I was traveling with mom (her first cruise) and did not find much we could do besides going to the shows and casino.  The shows were ok, one of the female singers her voice was a bit out of pitch, one guy was singing Mambo #5 with no enthusiasm... not sure if it was the heat.  I do have to say that the last night show was AWESOME!  Different types of music, the props, the dresses, lighting, etc.. it was beautiful and wished that all nights were just like it.  I am glad we did not miss.  The comedian was ok, picking on crowd at times, but no Carlos Mencia funny. If going to the shows, go early, as there not seem to be much seating for everyone if you go late.  There were crew people cleaning all the time around the different areas, very clean and well kept.  Beautiful lounges, but again a bit small for the many people there.  The AC at the Casino was not working they had fans going, and the inside was a bit warm.  Other passengers also commented on this. Since not traveling with kids, I have not much to say on this.  But I did notice kids running around playing hide and seek, there was a small pool area for them and an area for activities.  We did self-assist and it was fairly easy and quick.  I never had to do immigration while on boat but it went quick.

I guess normal for a ship this size, it was small but very clean and comfortable.
We did self-assist and it was fairly easy and quick. I never had to do immigration while on boat but it went quick.
There were crew people cleaning all the time around the different areas, very clean and well kept. Beautiful lounges, but again a bit small for the many people there. The AC at the Casino was not working they had fans going, and the inside was a bit warm. Other passengers also commented on this.
When in Coco Cay it was more of a day at the beach, had to rent umbrellas because of the heat. I had travelled with other ships and once you come in they had music, activities, etc... this one did not until lunch time. Where we were the water had a lot of rocks hurt your feet. We did not explore the rest. When going to the ship's excursion desk to ask about the Trolley for Key West, costs, etc.. I found the attendant to be a bit rude and more interested in the music by the stairs than taking the time to talk to me, seemed bothered. Needless to say we did not purchase there.
The ship was small and some activities (I.e. 90s night) had to be done by stairs/elevators as there wasn't room for many people. People were actually watching from floors above. When pool activities, the pool was so small for that many people to try to fight for a spot there. Since it was so hot out, we spent a lot of time inside for that reason.
Since not traveling with kids, I have not much to say on this. But I did notice kids running around playing hide and seek, there was a small pool area for them and an area for activities.
Some of the activities were fun and entertaining, wish there would had been more room and maybe entertainment for older folks. I was traveling with mom (her first cruise) and did not find much we could do besides going to the shows and casino. The shows were ok, one of the female singers her voice was a bit out of pitch, one guy was singing Mambo #5 with no enthusiasm... not sure if it was the heat. I do have to say that the last night show was AWESOME! Different types of music, the props, the dresses, lighting, etc.. it was beautiful and wished that all nights were just like it. I am glad we did not miss. The comedian was ok, picking on crowd at times, but no Carlos Mencia funny. If going to the shows, go early, as there not seem to be much seating for everyone if you go late.
The service by crew members was EXCELLENT, they were all very pleasant, always willing to help. We bought some liquor after samples and when inside the store to pay, the assistant manager came in to give me a coupon for jewelry the next day and he told me the time for the event, then proceeded to test me on it again later to make sure I got the time right... while I understand his job is in sales, I felt a bit pushed and shouldn't have to be tested when I am on vacation. I did have one crew member asked me about my experience as a buyer and he was very nice.
Presentation was great, but the food was pretty normal, sometimes not that great in taste and very repetitive. Sometimes it was cold in dinning room (i.e. soup, macaroni). Brunch was a bit of a chaos since the area was so small for the many people that were there, since it was a serve yourself. Other passengers also commented on this.