Empress of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not your usual Royal Caribbean

Sail Date: July 18, 2016

Lets start with a positive the excursions were very good!

The boat itself I knew was one of the small boats however it was stated there was a $65 million refurbishment, where did at least $60 million go as it certainly wasn't on the ship.

The cabins were beyond basic not even a sofa with only 1 chair in a cabin that is supposed to sleep 4? The A/C system barely worked on my deck (8) while other guests said their rooms were freezing. There was gum stuck to the ceiling of the cabin and the bathroom was smaller than  anything I had ever seen before.

The 1 pool was smaller than the one I have in my back yard and getting a drink was a task in itself, average wait time at the bar 20 minutes and if you waited for a member of staff to take your order about an hour!

Lets finish on a positive note there were a few members of staff that were outstanding, Joyce in the Schooner lounge and Richard in the main dining room. Sadly the other crew members barely did their jobs, they all seemed really down hearted and lackluster, but hey ho I'm having to tip them anyhow for a family of 4 on a 5 day cruise $270, not the best $270 I have ever spent don't get me wrong I'm all for tipping but please a certain level of service should be given!

Poor A/C gum stuck to the roof and no where to sit
Embarkment was great Disembarkation not so great 3 customs officials for the entire ship really did we sneak in unexpectedly?
main dining room the food was good but in the Winjammer poor food with the worst service.

Keep your expectations low