Empress of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

It is what it is!

Sail Date: June 16, 2016

I was frustrated with this cruise ship because I celebrated for my cousin's graduation, but was disappointed. The food was not overall tasty. My cousin is 18 yrs old, and she was hungry throughout the entire cruise. I usually sail on Royal Caribbean's larger ships, and If I were not familiar with the Oasis and Independence of the Seas Cruises, I would have cancelled my plans to cruise with Royal Caribbean in the future. The entertainment was poor, and I was bored each day. Plus, my cousin's debit card was linked to my account and my debit card was linked to her account. Therefore, my charges went to her bank. This created a problem for her upon debarkation. A report was filed in reference to my complaint, after I had spoken to several staff members with an endless explanation.

Towards the end of the cruise, I met some friendly passengers. The decor on the ship was disappointing as well, since I am used to the Oasis, Majesty, and Carnival Ships.  In conclusion, I was frustrated because I was unable to adjust the temperature in my cabin, which caused me to be congested the entire cruise. Despite the friendly staff, I do not recommend this cruise to anyone. I was not informed that there would not be formal night, and I was not informed that my pictures were not going to be taken at dinner time each night. In recognition, I would like to recognize Inacio and Stevenson (dinner waiters), Dery and the Roots Musicians, and Andi (Housekeeper).

As for Coco Cay, I was bored with nothing to do, but lay in the sun on the hammock. I feel like I should have been refunded for at least half of the cruise. The food on the Island was horrible as well. When I boarded the ship, I realized that the same meal was served onboard, plus my only dessert options were oatmeal cookies or a cheese plate. Really? I was ashamed to be on the cruise and tell others about my experience, especially since I took an entire week off work this cruise.

The shower water was cold each day. I did not shower on the entire cruise. However, my housekeeper Andi was both friendly and awesome.