Disappointed!!

Empress of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Key West & Cozumel (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 28, 2016

This ship was sent out too early.  For being in dry dock it should have been better.  We were trying Royal Caribbean for the first time and very disappointed! This was our daughter-in-law's first cruise and felt bad that it wasn't better.  We ran out of ice cream and other food items.  The ice cream machine broke and the air conditioning wasn't working the best in the rooms.  We practically slept with no blankets and had air turned all the way down and was still warm in our room.  The dining room was disorganized that they didnt know where the table numbers were and it would take them 2 hours to get through dinner.  There was also no formal night which I was looking forward to. The only reason I gave this 3 stars was because I could not do 2 1/2 and the entertainment was the only good thing on this trip.  Thank God we had good excursions to make up for it.

We met a nice couple who said to give Royal Caribbean another try that this is not normal, but I'm a little hesitant now.

Consider other options....this ship needs the kinks worked out. I think they were not ready for that many people.