Empress of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Awful Cruise

Sail Date: May 28, 2016

This was a terrible cruise for my family along with other passengers. I have cruised on Carnival, Costa, and Norwegian cruise lines in the past and was always told that RCL was the top cruise liner so I was eager to take this cruise.

To my surprise this was the worst cruise ever. RCL cancelled The Empress of the Seas that was scheduled to start sailing again with RCL back in March of this year but RCL decided to cancel 13 sailings indicating that the ship was not ready and they wanted to make sure they provided the best they had to offer to all of their customers so the very 1st sailing was mine on 5/2/16.

The Food and the food service experience was horrendous. When I boarded the ship I decide to have lunch which was awful but was willing to over look that issue. I was booked for early dining at 6pm. The 1st night I did not get served until 9:30 pm almost. That night I went to the midnight buffet that was scheduled to open at 11:00 pm. It did not open until 11:30 pm and when I finally reached where the food was being served, the kitchen was out of food. To say the least I was very disappointed.

When I returned to my room that night the a/c was not working and the water was not draining from the shower.

The next morning we decide to go the brunch in the main dining room. I was seated at a table of 10. Anyone in the entire dining room who order an omelet  did not get served period. We waited until 2:30 pm until we went to the Food and Beverage director to complain.

The next evening we had the same issue with the wait time for our dinner.

It did not seem like the cruise was ready to sail especially from a food perspective

1st night no a/c and plumbing issues