Empress of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: May 28, 2016

My girlfriend and I have sailed 17 different times, respectively on various lines. By far this is the worst experience either of us had.

-Food was awful, gave both of us intestinal complications

-Long lines at the bars

-Poorly make concoctions (can't even call them "drinks")

-Toilet didn't flush and overflowed daily

-Our cabin window was beyond filthy

-Room was very dusty

-AC in room didn't work, slept hot

-Room service had the same few items daily and took an hour to deliver

-Buffet was reminiscent of school cafeteria food

-Casino felt like the heater was on the entire cruise

-No amenities/ activities aside from a rock wall on days at sea

-Dining room staff didn't understand English, we had to point at our selections

-Ship is dated, with new carpet not much of a remodel

-Our safe wouldn't open on a day we needed our passports

-Not enough deck chairs by the pool

We made a list while on board, it was such a horrible experience we truly considered getting off at our first destination (Grand Cayman) and just booking a hotel and flying home from there. This may come off as snobby, but after both of us sailing with Royal numerous times, this is absolutely SUB-PAR for Royal and every other line I've been on. I will be emailing a complaint letter to Royal Caribbean Corporate this week. I'd suggest booking with Carnival instead of this ship, zero question, and I'm not a big fan of Carnival. Good luck if you decide to roll the dice on this ship, we regret it.

Dusty, AC didnt work properly, toilet didn't flush daily (backed up sewer lines), Safe wouldn't open, ocean view window was beyond filthy.

Bed was comfortable