DON'T BOOK ON THE EMPRESS! WORST CRUISE IVE EVER HAD.

Empress of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Key West & Cozumel (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 28, 2016
Ship: Empress of the Seas

My girlfriend and I have sailed 17 different times, respectively on various lines. By far this is the worst experience either of us had.

-Food was awful, gave both of us intestinal complications

-Long lines at the bars

-Poorly make concoctions (can't even call them "drinks")

-Toilet didn't flush and overflowed daily

-Our cabin window was beyond filthy

-Room was very dusty

-AC in room didn't work, slept hot

-Room service had the same few items daily and took an hour to deliver

-Buffet was reminiscent of school cafeteria food

-Casino felt like the heater was on the entire cruise

-No amenities/ activities aside from a rock wall on days at sea

-Dining room staff didn't understand English, we had to point at our selections

-Ship is dated, with new carpet not much of a remodel

-Our safe wouldn't open on a day we needed our passports

-Not enough deck chairs by the pool

We made a list while on board, it was such a horrible experience we truly considered getting off at our first destination (Grand Cayman) and just booking a hotel and flying home from there. This may come off as snobby, but after both of us sailing with Royal numerous times, this is absolutely SUB-PAR for Royal and every other line I've been on. I will be emailing a complaint letter to Royal Caribbean Corporate this week. I'd suggest booking with Carnival instead of this ship, zero question, and I'm not a big fan of Carnival. Good luck if you decide to roll the dice on this ship, we regret it.

Bad:
Dusty, AC didnt work properly, toilet didn't flush daily (backed up sewer lines), Safe wouldn't open, ocean view window was beyond filthy.

Good:
Bed was comfortable

Don't do it!