Empress of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

The ship and staff were not ready to sail!

Sail Date: May 28, 2016

My wife and I are normally not complainers however when something comes highly recommended and we spend more than usually, one would not expect to start their cruise with pushing two twins beds together for their anniversary. The toilet would flush when it wanted to. The first morning, breakfast never came, it was a long line for dinner. Hot dogs, burgers and fries was for lunch every day. One ice cream machine which was broken for the majority of the cruise. The sink was clogged. Some guest rooms were flooded with toilet water which left a smell in some areas of the ship. Our drinks had to be sent back every single time. To top everything off, I never got my on board charges statement before existing the ship therefore I don't know what I was charged for. The line for guest services stayed long for the entire trip! We have been on many of cruises, by far this one has been the wrost!

This was by far the smallest cabin we have been it. Forget about trying to clean your feet in the shower, and I'm not a big guy! The sink was clogged and the toilet didn't flush.

Please don't go on this ship. I heard that some guest got off the ship in Grand Cayman and Key West and caught a flight back home. That's unacceptable Royal Caribbean.