Empress of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review

The embarkation at the port of Tampa is nothing to brag about. It ran very slow and disorganized. Fortunately, this is not how the cruise or staff was. The Purser's desk was poorly run.The Nordic Empress is a beautiful ship. Very well maintained, although maintanence is done while we are at sea it did spoil the mood. But if you avoided the pool deck during the day it would not be a problem. I would have preferred the maintanence part of it to be done when the ship was in port rather than when it was sailing.The food was excellent and plentiful, at any time of the day. Well prepared in both the Carmen Dining Room and the Windjammer. It was great that this ship gave you an option of formal or informal dining. This is a key seller for me. The entertainment was good, there is room for improvement, maybe with the ship's company performers, other than that the performers brought in were very enjoyable. Our room was perfect, room 4120, I have no complaints with that. Our cabin steward was very attentive. The intinerary was good, although Belize leaves a lot to be desired. Ocho Rios, Jamaica, would have been a better choice. As for the kids programs, we did not use this. I will say that the kids on the ship, from what we observed, must have been very well occupied, because they were not under foot at any time, which was also wonderful. I've taken trips were I would not do again because of kids. I would like to add that the price of the cruise is what definitely sold us on booking this cruise and hopefully another in the near future.