Empress of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

disappointed

Sail Date: January 12, 2007

The rooms were very nice. They were clean except for the drain.
The staff attendent was very nice.
The ship looked too disco. In the disco the young people were doing such overt dirty dancing our daughters left.
The food was beyond awful. The portions were tiny and on formal night the filet was two small slices of beef which looked liked an appetizer. The selection was terrible.
I was looking forward to grouper and it was never offered. The soups were salty and desserts terrible. The waiter asked us to deliver his tip, which I thought was unprofessional.
There were not good tips on what to do.
My daughter could not do the scuba, so we wasted $100.
St. Thomas was not great, the people rude.
Loved St. Martin.
Compared to other cruise lines i.e. Princess and Carnival RC is a great disappointment.
The staff in the dining room including the Maitre de were extremely rude and it was obvious the wanted us out.
Leaving the ship was lengthly compared to other larger ships.
The hotel in San Juan (Intercontinental) was also disappointing (which is no reflection on
Vacation Outlet)

Pros: st. Martin

Cons: the ship, the staff, most the food was awful!

Recommends Empress of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

As previously stated food was terrible, selection, taste, portions.
We requested a table of 4/6 and were not able to
When we paid for a cake for our daughter (a surprise) the waited came up and asked us how to spell her name (which I repeated to room service 6 times! how hard is Catie.
the steaks were inediable, so much grizzle.
Buffet all the same every day.
Enjoyed breakfast in the dining room.
Only problem was with the scuba which my daughter couln't do.
Too tired to go to the shows.
Photo was a disappointment!
When I got the steak I could not cut the waiter brought me another one, just as bad.
Did enjoy the salads and appetizers.
Very nice.
No complaints.
comfortable bed, our attendent was extremely nice and humble.
Grateful for his tip.
Location was fine except we paid for Oceanview and had total view of a lifeboats
This is my only complaint of the rooms (we has 2 adjoining, 7120 & 7122.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Went to St. John I wouldn't want to go back to St. Thomas
Don't Miss: boat to St. John
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
beautiful beaches, great shopping, want to go back
Don't Miss: snorkle Pinel Island, great!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Went to St. John I wouldn't want to go back to St. Thomas
Don't Miss: boat to St. John
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
beautiful beaches, great shopping, want to go back
Don't Miss: snorkle Pinel Island, great!