Had a great time!

Empress of the Seas (RETIRED) 223 Cruise Review to Bermuda

7 Night Bermuda (Norfolk Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 26, 2007
Ship: Empress of the Seas (RETIRED) 223
Make sure you look at all receipts before signing. I ordered the drink of the day @ $5.95 every day and when I got home and looked at the receipts and the bill found out I was charged anywhere from $8.25 to $9.75 per drink!! Refills were $4.75. Needless to say I am very upset about this. And I played bingo one day for $20.00 and when I looked at the bill and the receipt I signed it was for $40.00!!! So please be sure to check all receipts before signing. This was our 25th Anniversary and before the cruise I requested a cake and did not get it, also requested the room to be decorated and it wasn't. The food and wait staff was wonderful. If you get hungry after 10pm call for room service cause the food in the "Grab & Go" is very limited.

Grab & Go is very limited

The Entertainment was wonderful. The nights of the Ships singers and dancers were ok. Stage is small and you can only take so much of them singing and prancing across the stage, it's the same thing over & over. Catch the other shows.

Great!! Except for the ones overcharging for drinks.

If you are a large person this is not the ship for you. My husband is 6' and 210 and he had a diffult time in the shower. As the comedian on the ship said "soap up the walls with liquid soap and the stand inside and spin around!". There were no amenities in the room. Rooms was clean, bed comfortable.

Don't Miss: Horseshoe Bay, bring your camera and take a taxi.

Pros: We liked it all. Food was best from breakfast til dinner.

Cons: Very tiny rooms, smallest ship we have ever been on. The grab and go food was not the best. Need to have more activities in the evening around the pool.

Recommends Empress of the Seas (RETIRED) 223? No.