Empress of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Nice weekend getaway for our anniversary

Sail Date: March 23, 2007

This was a nice getaway for the weekend. We were going for a break from the duties of home and this was a good relaxation time for us. The ship was very nice. It is smaller than a lot of the other ships in the fleet, so things are there but on a smaller scale than other ships. We only went to one show. (relaxation mode the next night) I noticed that one of the dancers was the same guy that was making sure my life jacket was on right at the muster drill the day before. The show was ok. It was very much directed to the local Puero Rican population and since I am very much not Puero Rican it didn't appeal to me as much. The people behind me loved it and were singing the songs and humming all the way through because they were things dear to their hearts.(just not to mine)

Pros: Every thing felt new on the ship

Cons: The singing of the waiters at dinner for our anniversary.

Recommends Empress of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

Very well done
All very nice of what is there, just smaller and less of it than the bigger ships available
I wasn't in a suite, so what can i say, they are small. Nice and clean. Bed was comfortable but the pillows were skimpy
See my general review above
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
"power snorkeling" was nice. We saw a sea turtle and a manta ray and morey eel. shopping is less expensive here than St. Kitts I think.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
You can tell they are new at the turism thing here. Most stores were closed due to a World tournament Cricket game while we were there so I don't know about the shopping and restaurants.
Don't Miss: lots of nice beaches