It was a very relaxing cruise.

Empress of the Seas (RETIRED) 223 Cruise Review to Bermuda

7 Night Bermuda (Philadelphia Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 05, 2006
Ship: Empress of the Seas (RETIRED) 223
The ship was much smaller than what we have recently cruised on, but it was very nice. The staterooms are a little small, but the oceanview window was very spacious and enjoyable.

The food was very good and had a very good selection. Our waiter, Rudolfo, and his assistant, Wayne, were out of this world. They were very accommodating and a lot of fun. They made our mealtime something to look forward to each day. The head waiter, Patrick, was also very personable and accommodating. We were celebrating my mother's 90th birthday and my husband's birthday on the cruise. It was very nice.

Bermuda excursions listed in the brochure were not at all handicapped accessible. This is inexcusable. Also, your spa people were very pushy, and my son had a problem with them.

It was a little small, especially if any members in your party are on the slightly larger size.
If you are the least bit handicapped, you have a real problem. The streets were very narrow and very hilly.
Very narrow streets and no handicapped accessible shore excursions. My husband and I had to go off ship to the Visitor's Bureau to go through brochures and call places on the phone to try and find something we could take my mother to as she was in a wheelchair. This is very inconsiderate and unfair. There were quite a number of people in wheelchairs on this cruise!!!

Pros: The convenience of leaving from Philadelphia. We did not have to fly anywhere. It was very organized there.

Cons: Shore excursions