A very relaxing cruise!

Empress of the Seas (RETIRED) 223 Cruise Review to Bermuda

7 Night Bermuda (Philadelphia Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 05, 2006
Ship: Empress of the Seas (RETIRED) 223
The ship was very nice, but on the smaller size compared to others I have sailed on. The ocean-view room was very nice. The pool should have a time when no children are permitted in so that adults can swim and not be splashed.

Our waiter, Rudolfo, and his assistant, Wayne, were out of this world!!!!! They were very personable and very accommodating. In addition, the Head Waiter, was very considerate and wonderful also as we were celebrating my 90th birthday on this cruise.

Johnny Thunder was fabulous!!!!

I had a handicapped room, and it was very spacious and easily accessible for me. I walk short distances with a rolling walker and otherwise use a wheelchair. This room was great!!
Again, excursions noted in the ship's brochure were not at all handicapped accessible. My daughter and son-in-law had to go off ship to the Visitor's Bureau and look at brochures and call on the phone to find something that would accommodate a wheelchair. We did manage to find a glass-bottom boat ride that I was able to go on. Unfortunately, if you have been to Hawaii, these fish are no comparison.
If you are in a wheelchair, you have a real problem. The streets are very narrow and steep. The person who is pushing you definitely needs to be strong.

Pros: The convenience of leaving right from Philadelphia - did not have to fly anywhere. It was very organized there.

Cons: Excursions in Bermuda were not handicapped accessible.