Empress of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

An excellent first cruise experience!

Sail Date: April 01, 2006

The ship was in great condition, the dining room vibrated some though when we were dining but not all the time, just for a few minutes. The food choices were excellent. As mentioned before, would have liked to see something for the teenagers.

Pros: Our waiter and cabin attendants were outstanding, you couldn't have asked for better.

Cons: Would have liked a teen theme area on the ship.. it took my son three days to meet kids his age

I liked the small ship atmosphere. You never felt crowded, never had to wait for anything, even though an older ship it was in great condition.
The viking crown lounge was barely used.. would be a good spot for a teen center, not just a disco, but card tables, video games, the teens my son met found spots on the ship to have their own pictionary tournaments, card games, etc. We loved the excusions on the islands except for Margarita Island, the natives at the beach never left us alone for a minute the whole time we were there trying to enjoy the beach. They literally asked us every five minutes if we wanted to buy something and circled us like vultures. I heard it's better to stay at resort beaches because they don't go there.
We got a different menu every night in the dining room. The selections were great. I like planned seating and the food was always served timely so you weren't waiting for your food very long.
Even though the cabins are small, the beds were extremely comfortable and very clean, our cabin was cleaned twice a day for us every single day! We got a good nights sleep every night.
Everyone was happy, cheerful, helpful and extremely friendly. I have never been treated so well on any other vacation.