Emerald Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First time on Princess - extremely happy with Princess Cruises

Sail Date: February 15, 2016

I've cruised on Norwegian, Carnival, Holland America, Celebrity, MSC and Royal Caribbean in the past.  This is my first time with Princess cruises. It was an awesome experience.  I LOVE cruising and all the cruise lines are pretty much the same as Princess except the staff on Princess went over and above to be helpful and courteous.  The food was awesome, the service at my table was superior.  Each night the waitress gave her recommendations and we all ordered what she recommended and were never disappointed.  I bought the drink package that included virgin versions of daiquiris and pina coladas.  They were super good and no one minded bringing me my "free drinks".  The waiter at dinner made sure to have a diet coke for me each time my previous one was empty without me asking.  I read some poor reviews on the Emerald Princess before I left and was a little concerned but I was definitely pleasantly surprised.  I think I received a really good deal on the cruise because of some poor reviews.  I have a feeling that these bad reviews were from people that just don't enjoy the cruising experience or the ship did a complete turnaround because of the bad reviews.  Signed,

My steward greeted me by name every time I left my cabin. He kept it very clean and was extremely willing to get me anything I asked for. The layout of the room was very functional.
Embarkation was really bad but I understand it was due to Customs clearing the returning ship. Disembarkation was awesome. I self-disembarked and it was the smoothest exit that I have ever had on any ship thus far.
It was easy to navigate because the signage by the elevators and in the elevators showing the locations of various venues. I didn't find any please go around floors, which are typical on other boats that have 2 story venues in the middle of the boat. This boat had them in the front or back of the boat.
There were pages of activities everyday or you can just chill by the pool or get an awesome massage
Children's Programs I did not participate in any children's programs
The best service and staff that I have ever had on any cruise line
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Turn your phone on and off when you get back into port. I couldn't use my phone until my husband told me that I had to do this. He asked if there was a fifth grader around that I could have asked why my phone was not working.
Rent a car from Alamo and take a self-guided tour. Great beaches everywhere. We all felt safe in Cozumel.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico Awesome port. Clean and a nice infiniti pool with plenty of shade. Wear your bathing suit if you get off the boat. Food and drinks very expensive though.

Definitely book it if it is a good price. It is definitely worth it.